2010 Forum Update: Workshop on Creating Compelling Customer Video
Diane Davidson with Cisco WebEx will lead a workshop on showing how to make a rapid and successful move into video production, at the 2010 Customer Reference Forum, March 2-3 in Santa Clara, CA.
Attendees at the workshop will learn:
- how to think through the issue of when video is likely to be more effective than traditional written and/or audio customer case studies.
- how to think through nuts and bolts
information such as development, costs, tools to use (from Flip cameras to high
end), and much more
- How to analyze the options for video creation such as appropriate length (90 seconds, 3-4 minutes, 5-7 minutes, or longer)?
- What production styles are appropriate and when (from Flip camera to high end)?
- How do you manage factors such as costs, and video shelf life?
- How do you determine what customers are good video candidates?
- Where do you publish your video beyond your corporate website?
- How do you justify the costs and get a reasonable to excellent return on your video investments?
Diane will also demo an interactive tool that utilizes all types of customer assets (written, video, and audio) to educate and stimulate interest from prospects and customers.